Who am I? Where did my ancestors come from?
Discover your GeoGenetic links with populations around the world. Our test is the most refined and easy to understand DNA genealogy test on the market.
Now included with each order is a free unique and personalized DNA portrait included in your report from DNA Art.
New for 2016: Also included with your ancestral test report is a complementary Neanderthal ancestry test. Neanderthals were ancient humans interbred with modern humans before but coming extinct about 40,000 years ago. This report will tell you how much of an ancestry is trace back to Neanderthals.
Click here to order the complete DNA Test Kit and have it sent to you today. Only $79 for the complete test!
The genetics of ancestral origins are long-held associations of who we are and where we came from. Recent genetic developments have examined the intermingling of European, Mideastern, and African populations. The geographical genetic profiles of about 1500 years ago are still evident and detectable in current migratory populations.
There is a distinct presence of African ancestry in many south European, Middle Eastern, and Jewish populations that have been traced back about 70 generations. The primary mixing of African and Southern European populations coincides with events during the Roman Empire and the Arab migrations that followed.
Viamedex's Ancestral DNA test examines the global spectrum of your genetic inheritance.
Ancestral origin tests based on surnames have limited value since people's names have changed and evolved over the centuries, and there may be many disparate groups with similar surnames. Viaguard's test incorporates Y-DNA (male) and mtDMA (female) genetic principals as an integral part of our analysis. Your genetic/biological roots may surprise you.
With this simple DNA Ancestry test, your DNA profile is compared against hundreds of global populations and fourteen anthropological regions whose collective genetic information is known and scientifically validated. We then measure the likelihood that your genetic information is linked with each of those populations and regions. DNA genealogy has never been so easy to understand!
The science of Ancestral Origins owes a great deal to the late Alan C. Wilson who died in 1991 while short-listed for the Nobel Prize. In his multi-year studies on informative genetic markers for tracking human origins he concluded that we are all related to a female ancestor who lived in Africa about 200,000 years ago - a premise today accepted by geneticists and the basis of comparative DNA.
The Afro/European Migrations
About 35% of African migration to Europe took place from Sub-Saharan Africa to Europe between 10,000 B.C. and the era of the Roman Empire. The other 65% from the Roman Empire to recent times. The migrations took place via North Africa and coastal routes.
Population Matches: We measure your DNA individually against every population in our database, and mark how strongly your profile matched against each. On the population match graph, each population has a shape which tells you which anthropological region that population belongs to, as well as a percentage to indicate how strong a match you had with it. In this set of calculations, we also indicate three special anthropological regions, which are actually groups of dispersed populations. A dispersed population is one that has migrated from a native land to somewhere else on the globe.
United Kingdom Matches: Running a completely new set of calculations, and not using any of our "dispersed population" regions, we determine with which anthropological United Kingdom regions you have the strongest links.
How does the test work?
If you are a male, the Y chromosome analysis indicates where your paternal ancestors came from over the last 700 plus years since the original exodus from Africa about 70,000 years ago. Females can discover their ancient maternal lineage through DNA testing. Because a father's mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) is destroyed at fertilization, a child inherits only the mother's mitochondrial DNA, thus preserving the maternal link to the ancient past.
Viamedex's takes advantage of both the Y chromosome and the mitochrondrial DNA to provide a clinically precise answer to your ancestral lineage.
Order the DNA Ancestral Heritage complete test
Click here to have a DNA Sample Collection Kit sent to you today.
VIAMEDEX Exclusive for 2016: Order both the Genetic Predisposition and Ancestral Origins test for $125